Information Document and Knowledge Management Officer Job in Islamabad
The Information, Document and Knowledge Management Officer works under the supervision of the Director of Cooperation for communication, information and knowledge management, and under the supervision of the Head of Finance and Administration for the document management(filing, archive). She/he is supporting the knowledge management functions, ensures an updated website, timely press releases as well as the quality and correct application of the HQ defined filing/archiving system. Among other responsibilities, she/he will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Developing and implementing communication strategies / key messages
- Promoting an up to date website and production of communication instruments, e.g. fact sheets, press statements
- Supporting the preparation/editing of documents such as Annual Reports, Swiss Cooperation Strategies, Workshop documentation
- Ensuring the correct and coherent management of physical and electronic archives incl. photo documentation
- Supporting the management in the use of SharePoint
- Arranging meetings with the Government of Pakistan, donors, (l) NGOs, private sector etc
- Facilitate preparation and conducting of quarterly planning meetings and common learning events
- Writing official letters, replies, notes etc. according to instructions
- Master’s degree in English, journalism or other relevant field
- Having followed the A-Levels system at High school would be an advantage
- At least three years of experience in document, information and knowledge management
- Experience in public relations and experience in writing articles and press releases
- Knowledge of the national media
- Excellent spoken and written language skills in English; good knowledge of Urdu and / or other national languages is an advantage
- Advanced computer skills (MS office package)
- Analytical competence, capacity to simplify messages and ability to summarize
- Strong organizational skills
Applications from women are highly encouraged
The Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) is Switzerland’s International Cooperation Agency within the Federal Department of Foreign Affairs (FDFA).Through its SDC office in Islamabad, Switzerland has been engaged in Development Cooperation with Pakistan for the last 45 years.
To complete its team, the above job vacancy is announced for Pakistani nationals. This is a permanent position based in Islamabad with an attractive salary package.
Jobs posted by this company are taken from the major newspapers of Pakistan.
The company names are either private or they prefer not to disclose at this stage.
If you want more details about the company, apply for one of these jobs listed under this company and wait for the employer to get back to you.