Your Safety is important to us;
Protect yourself against fraudulent activity
Fraudulent activity can occur in the form of:
- Illegal ads that ask for personal or financial information occasionally appear on online job boards.
- Emails can also be sent by people masquerading as advertisers or RECRUITER.PK, requesting that you supply personal details. This is known as Phishing (pronounced “fishing”).
What to look out for
Email (phishing) scams:
- Sender’s address – The ‘from’ address will often be forged to make it look official, so be wary of the ‘from’ address.
- False sense of urgency – Phishing emails usually provoke users into responding immediately by implying a false sense of urgency.
- Poor spelling/grammar – Phishing emails are often written poorly. Be wary of poor spelling and grammar. This is usually a tell-tale sign that the email is not from RECRUITER.PK.
- Fake links – Be careful when clicking links in an email. In phishing emails, they will try to hide the true destination of a link. Before clicking, hover your mouse pointer over the link to see where it goes. Watch out for any subtle differences in the URL and if you are unsure, don’t click the link.
Opportunities that seem too good to be true usually are. Be wary of advertisers requesting the following:
- An upfront fee (e.g. For ‘processing’ your application).
- Acceptance of a money transfer where you can retain a portion as ‘payment’.
- Bank or credit card details.
- Drivers licence or passport information.
- Tax file number.
- Non-work-related personal information, such as your appearance, marital status.
- RECRUITER.PK username and password.
- Any other personally identifying information.
RECRUITER.PK endeavors to ensure that all job ads on our site are for legitimate job opportunities and will remove any ads that are identified to have contravened the RECRUITER.PK Terms and Conditions.
Always check the legitimacy of any ad, email or employer that seems suspicious before you respond.
For example, large well-known companies usually do not include Hotmail or other free email addresses in their ads. If you have any concerns, call the company and verify the ad, don’t just assume that because the ad claims to represent a company that it actually does.
What to do if you suspect an ad or email to be fraudulent
If you have any concerns over the legitimacy of a job ad, email or user profile from RECRUITER.PK:
- Do NOT respond to the ad or email
- Report it to RECRUITER.PK immediately, providing a link to the ad or a copy of the email.
- Make sure you have up-to-date anti-virus software to protect your computer.
- If you have supplied your bank account or credit card details, please contact your financial institution immediately and ask for their advice.
- Be alert for suspicious emails asking for personal details.