Director Compliance LUMS Job in Lahore
Position Purpose: Director Compliance is to play a key role in implementation of the ASP in identifying the compliance issues across the Program and will identify and highlight critical high risk areas within the ASP’s compliance section which require immediate action to resolve.
- The Compliance Director will play a critical assurance role which must identify and clarify current internal compliance practices and controls within the ASP.
- The candidate must diagnose and develop enhanced procedures to ensure agency wide compliance with all regulatory, financial and core operational system requirements as per USAID guidelines.
- Ensure the Program’s ability to gain assurance, across central and provincial Program officers, across all activities, in our adherence to procedures and practices, in line with the requirements and expectations held by USAID.
- As the Agency’s roles and responsibilities develop so too must our compliance capability.
- Reviews and double checks all documents regarding completeness of the process relevant documentations and then verifies the signatures versus a specimen book
- To continually identify and diagnose where compliance activity is required across the Program.
- To continually identify where compliance activity occurs, and in what form.
- Develop and coordinate the delivery of plans to put in place compliance activity where it is otherwise absent or unsatisfactory.
- Identify and highlight critical high risk areas within the ASP’s compliance regime which require immediate action to resolve. Assist, lead where necessary, the development of procedures as a part of this resolution activity.
- To continually and actively develop technical knowledge in relation to new Program initiatives and all, not solely core, systems.
- To coordinate and support the operations of Internal Audit.
- Prioritization of own workload on a day-to-day basis.
- Participation in team meetings to determine short term Team priorities and understand how the role impacts on the team requirement to deliver.
Education, Qualification & Skills Required:
- 10 years of experience in the relevant field.
- Masters degree in Business Administration from any HEC recognized University.
- Have the ability to demonstrate requisite experience in managing compliance activities.
- Experienced in analyzing business needs.
- Good Interpersonal skills.
- Communicates the strategic vision to the team/function in a manner which generates enthusiasm and commitment.
- Excellent presentation & communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge and proven ability in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work independently.
The Lahore University of Management Sciences, or LUMS, is a residential research university located in Lahore, Pakistan. LUMS was established in 1984 by a group of industrialists and professionals belonging to some of Pakistan's private and public sector corporations. According to the Higher Education Commission of Pakistan, LUMS is the top ranked Pakistani university among institutions that offer degrees in Business Management and Information Technology in South Asia.